Raul Yzaguirre Schools for Success
Founded in 1996, the Raul Yzaguirre School for Success (RYSS) was one of the first open-enrollment charter schools approved by the Texas State Board of Education. By establishing RYSS, the Tejano Center for Community Concerns worked to provide a college preparatory educational experience for children of the center’s surrounding neighborhoods in southeast Houston. Today, RYSS continues its commitment to the success of every student, regardless of his/her academic or economic background, by offering a superior college preparatory experience, with the goal of having every student enter and graduate from a four-year university.
Since our modest beginnings in a small rental facility with an enrollment of 100 students, we have successfully expanded our operation and our reach to a combined enrollment to more than 1,500 at our seven campuses.
- BRYSS Academy (Brownsville, Grades PK4-8)
- South East STEM Early Childhood Academy (Houston, Pre-K4-Kinder)
- Leonel Castillo STEM Early Childhood Academy (Houston, Pre-K4-Kinder)
- PSTEM Academy (Houston, Grades 1-5)
- North East STEM Academy (Houston, Grades 6-8)
- Early College STEM Academy (Houston, Grades 6-8)
- Early College T-STEM Academy (Houston, Grades 9-12)
RYSS is a proud member of both the Houston and Brownsville communities, working alongside our parent organization—the Tejano Center for Community Concerns—to ensure effective teaching and learning for all students within an intergenerational model, nurturing lifelong learners, empowering families, and transforming lives.