The Child Nutrition Department contributes to the students’ educational experience by providing high-quality nutritious meals each school day to students and faculty in accordance with the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). The department works to ensure that all students gain a full understanding of the relationship between proper eating and nutritional wellness. The department also provides children with learning experiences that will improve their daily eating habits. The goal of the Child Nutrition Department is to provide quality food on the serving line all the time—so, from the first student we serve to the last, all have a positive school meal experience.
We believe that...
- Every student is a unique individual with unique potential
- Effective communication is key to success
- Engaged and interested students learn more effectively
- Respect is a key to success
- Education is a team effort
- High-quality educational facilities optimize student and staff success
- Accountability is essential to success
- A physically and emotionally safe environment promotes student learning
- A high-quality education is barrier free.
RYSS menus meet the nutritional daily standards established by the federal and state departments of agriculture while complying with acceptable menu-planning principles and guidelines.
Contact: Teresa Mendoza, Child Nutrition Director